One of our favorite things to provide Westborough residents is museum pass discounts. This popular program, like many other services, was deeply impacted by the ongoing pandemic. During our building closure, the majority of our annual discount passes expired. These passes are paid for by generous donations from local civic organizations including our Friends of the Library group. As many of our donors struggle to handle the financial impact of COVID-19, we need to temporarily pause this service. A number of the most popular museums/attractions have restructured the reservation model or even restricted access with a library discount pass. We want to wait until the donations we obtain can be utilized in a full, safe way. We hope to begin offering discounts again in the Spring of 2021. In the meantime, we’d love to know which museum/attraction passes you miss the most so we can make the best decisions in providing these discounts in the new year with the funding we are able to obtain. Our passes come from 100% community donations, so we want to use these generous funds to meet the needs of the community. Send an e-mail to Daniel Barbour, Circulation Supervisor (email@example.com), and let us know which passes you hope we bring back when we relaunch this service!
Museum Pass Guidelines
- Passes may be booked by Westborough adult residents up to five weeks in advance.
- One pass per day per family. Families may reserve each institution, based on availability, up to once a month.
- Coupon passes can be picked up at the Circulation Desk up to three days in advance. Standard (returnable) passes can be picked up the day before, or the day of the reservation by 12PM.
- Passes (except for one-day-only coupons) must be returned before the library opens (by 9:00 am) the morning after use, so that they will be available to other patrons.
- A $10.00 late fee will be assessed if a pass is not returned on time. If the pass is not returned before the next needed use, the patron will be charged the institution replacement cost for the pass. These fees will not be included in fine amnesty.
- If you need to cancel a reservation, please call the library, so that we may make the pass available to other patrons.
- Non-residents may also borrow the passes on a walk-in basis if the pass is still available on the day they would like to use it.
- Always check the museum website to verify hours for the day of your reservation. Institution calendars may limit pass privileges without warning.
- While we make every effort to ensure your reserved pass is present at the set pickup time, reservations may be changed without notice at any time due to pass availability, loss of funding for pass, system errors (including double-bookings), or other users not returning a pass on time.