Home Delivery/Outreach at the WPL
The Westborough Public Library is pleased to offer free home delivery service to patrons who might not be able to get to the physical building for a variety of reasons. Get the benefit of items delivered right to your doorstep with extended loan periods for a stress-free library experience.
To qualify for home delivery, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently live in Westborough, MA.
- Have a C/WMARS library account in good standing (Don’t have one? Apply here!)
- Be able to have items delivered based on our schedule, typically a Thursday or a Friday.
- For home deliveries, if you are not home to accept the drop-off at the time of delivery, you must have a spot to safely leave the items (large mailbox, screen-door, covered porch, etc.).
- We prioritize this free service for those who have no means of transportation or ability to get to the physical building. Occasionally our route is at capacity but we will do our best to fulfill all requests.
How it works:
- You let us know what you need!
- Frequency – do you want items delivered every week, every month, or as-needed. This can be an ongoing service or a single delivery in the spur of the moment.
- Item Requests – do you want specific items or do you want us to choose things based on your preferences (large print mysteries, audiobook biographies, romantic comedy movies, etc.). We will do our best to meet your requests!
- We will let you know when we’re dropping by!
- Home Delivery – Thursdays: The morning of your drop-off a delivery coordinator will call you to let you know where you fit into the schedule and provide you with an estimated time of arrival. Deliveries are typically done between 11AM-4PM. Be sure to tell anyone else in your home that you are expecting the delivery.
- Facility Delivery – Thursdays (T) or Fridays (F): This is a set drop off time arranged with the management of each establishment. We currently deliver to:
- The Willows Retirement Community (T)
- Whitney Suites (T)
- Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center (T)
- The Highlands Gracious Retirement Living (F)
- Westborough HealthCare (T)
- Arrive Apartments (F) – Currently on hold due to COVID-19
- We also deliver items to local preschools. Speak with our Children’s Librarian for more information.
- If you manage a facility not on the list and would like to start a library drop-off program, feel free to reach out at the contact information listed below. Due to COVID-19, we can only do socially distanced item drop-offs – all Library Time visits are on hold until further notice.
- All deliveries are based on staff availability and weather conditions.
- If school is cancelled for weather conditions, so is our delivery day.
How to Start/Further Questions:
- Contact Daniel Barbour, Circulation Supervisor
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 508-366-3050
Meet the Delivery Team!
Daniel Barbour, Circulation Supervisor
Carrie Brown, Circulation Assistant
Karen Hutchinson, Circulation Assistant